Not everybody has the money to go full out on the big wedding day. You probably already spend a big fortune on your perfect engagement ring, wedding ring and mens weddings bands so you might have to cut on some other parts of your wedding. Everyone wants to pull off that luxury wedding and want everybody there to enjoy it to the max. Here are 10 creative pointers from bridal guide on how to pull off a posh look without going broke on your wedding day.
12 Budget Tips for a Luxe Wedding
1. Ask your venue’s wait staff to don white gloves while they’re serving. You can buy gloves for just 50 cents a pair.
2. Use pin spotlights, at $25 to $50 each, to give extra presence to your tables.
3. Order custom window clings (perfect for personalizing glass doors at your venue) or glassware monograms at websites like wonderfulgraffitiwedding.com. Prices for the clings start at $24, depending on size; for glassware, $24 for a set of 50.
4. Griffith’s savvy stationery tip: Invest the money to have your invitations designed professionally, but then print your own save-the-dates, programs, menus and escort cards using the same fonts, colors and style as your custom invites.
5. Bring on the bling. Faux crystals — on bouquets, the cake, invitations, place cards, and menus—are eye-catching and give an expensive feel. You can purchase glass beads inexpensively at local crafts stores.
6. Dress up your escort cards and table numbers by choosing paper with a metallic sheen rather than a flat card stock. If you were to purchase card stock yourself, you’d pay about $40 per 100 sheets for metallic and about $27 per 100 sheets of flat. The difference would be about 13 cents a sheet.
7. If you’re hiring a DJ, consider a live bongo player or sax player to accompany the CD spinner.
8. Presenting food in eye-catching ways creates a chic impression but doesn’t have to add costs. Most chefs enjoy creating unique presentations, if they have items available, like shot glasses, ceramic teaspoons and so on, they can use these at no further cost to you.
9. Classic cocktails — an old-fashioned, anyone? — are making a comeback. Offer one or two kinds of mixed drinks, and you’ll imbue your reception with a sophisticated, vintage feel that guests will be sure to remember.
10. An elaborate wedding cake can be very pricey. Instead, offer miniature pies, petit fours or individual servings of crème brûlée.
11. Have someone do awesome braided hairstyles on your wedding for free.
12. Get your men new hairstyles. Find great inspiration on Mens Hairstyles on Mens Hairstylists. By men for men.
Hopefully, they could help you get that perfect wedding after that perfect wedding ring. Let’s get you wed on!